You can access Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts via a PC, Linux, or Macintosh (Mac) computer. Fully supported browsers (we recommend using these to get all of our newest features):
- Google Chrome (download: Windows | Mac | Linux)
- Firefox 2.0+ (download: Windows | Mac | Linux)
- Internet Explorer 6.0+ (download: Windows)
- Safari 3.0+ (download: Mac | Windows)
Untested browsers (we don't test them, but believe they will work with all of our features):
Browsers without full support for our features (you can access our website, but you won't have some of the latest features):
- IE 5.5+ (download: Windows)
- Netscape 7.1+ (download: Windows | Mac | Linux)
- Firefox 0.8+ (download: Windows | Mac | Linux)
- Safari 1.3+ (download: Mac | Windows)
Any time you enter or provide any information on this website, it is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") technology. SSL protects information as it crosses the Internet. To support this technology, you need an SSL-capable browser. It is recommended that you use a strong encryption, 128-bit browser such as Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 or higher or Firefox 4 or higher. These browsers will activate SSL automatically whenever you begin shopping for a plan on this website and when you return to this website to complete an application.
You can tell if you are visiting a secure area within a website by looking at the symbol on the bottom of your browser screen. If you are using Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome, you will see either a lock or a key. When the padlock is in the locked position, your session connection is taking place via a secure server.